Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unable to sort in Ad Hoc Analysis

Level 1

When I'm using Ad Hoc Analysis, I try to create a ranked report with different segments as the rows and metrics across the columns.  I am able to view the table like I'd expect, however the sort feature seems to disappear.  If I put dates (day, week, month, etc) or other dimensions in the row the sort feature is there. I attached two different screen shots to see the missing sort arrows. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It looks like the segments being the breakdown is the culprit. I'd expect you should be able to still sort them. I'd recommend filing an incident with Customer Care so we can have a bug created for it. Be sure to include exact instructions on how to duplicate the report, and include the screenshots as well, so there's no reason for the agent to request additional information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

That is the normal behaviour for Ad Hoc when you add items to the "Fixed Value List" (if you only have 1 dimension). After you add items, it will immediately use the order that you have put them in to sort the report, and since you don't have any further dimensions to sort on, it won't give you a sort option. The only way to remove this behaviour is to remove all the items from the fixed value list.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It looks like the segments being the breakdown is the culprit. I'd expect you should be able to still sort them. I'd recommend filing an incident with Customer Care so we can have a bug created for it. Be sure to include exact instructions on how to duplicate the report, and include the screenshots as well, so there's no reason for the agent to request additional information.