Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Two Analytics Hits for Single Adobe Beacon from Launch

Level 3

Hi All,

I have configured Adobe analytics extension and wrote one general page load rule for firing a pageName variable across my site. Whenever I load a page from my site, my rules are firing once but getting two analytics hits in my debugger.

I cross-checked my page on loading. its loading only once, but I am getting two Hits with different analytics Hit ID.

Following are the extension I am using for my property 1. Adobe Core 2. Adobe Analytics 3. Adobe Expereince Cloud ID.

Any ideas or suggestions on this?Analytics Hits screenshot in debuggerAnalytics Hits screenshot in debugger

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks. I got the issue. Its because of my data layer changes.... I created a rule for firing a beacon with two conditions one on page View and another one on page name data element changes.... because of improper updation of data layer... my send beacon fule fired twice and gave two hits.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Confirm if you have only one rule for this property? Also check in chrome debugger tools by putting a filter /ss in network tab and see if you notice the same behavior over there. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks. I got the issue. Its because of my data layer changes.... I created a rule for firing a beacon with two conditions one on page View and another one on page name data element changes.... because of improper updation of data layer... my send beacon fule fired twice and gave two hits.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers