Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Trended Visualization Percentages

Level 3

I built a freeform table which shows page views by site by several segments.

Table is setup so our site names run down the side and there are multiple segments as filters under the page view metric across the top of the table including "All Visits" segment.

Highlight a specific row, right click and "Trend".....

Now I have the table set to calculated percentages by row not column, Why is the "all visits" line trending at 50% it should be ALL VISITS  100% right? 

andrewz_webmd_0-1647971708507.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're trending a row's numbers as-is. To AA, the "All Visits" column in your table is just another metric column. It has no special meaning in visualisations.

A calculated metric might help you. Instead of using "Page Views", create a calculated metric using the formula "Page Views / Page Views Total". (For the denominator, you'll need to click the metric's gear icon, then choose "Grand total".) If you use this calculated metric, then you don't need the "All Visits" segment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're trending a row's numbers as-is. To AA, the "All Visits" column in your table is just another metric column. It has no special meaning in visualisations.

A calculated metric might help you. Instead of using "Page Views", create a calculated metric using the formula "Page Views / Page Views Total". (For the denominator, you'll need to click the metric's gear icon, then choose "Grand total".) If you use this calculated metric, then you don't need the "All Visits" segment.