Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Transfer assets, calculated metrics missing

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer assets using the functionality in the user management part of Adobe Analytics.

One weird thing is that it's not showing the user's calculated metrics. I know they have them because the user is my profile linked to a different email address.

I believe I am a full platform administrator, so I can't think of another reason why they wouldn't appear.

I'd previously transferred assets for numerous email when we updated our domain, and there was never an instance where calculated metrics weren't there, so this strikes me as odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi again @Jennifer_Dungan! Yes, they're 'proper' calculated metrics i.e. created and saved to the assets list rather than just created for the project.

I do think it is something to do with my admin rights that prevented me from seeing them. I was given system administrator rights for our Experience Cloud installation, but wasn't product administrator for Analytics. Once I added that, and then went to Analytics in an incognito window, I could see users' calculated metrics. However, it took a while for me to be able to see calculated metrics in non-incognito mode (even after clearing cache and cookies multiple times). I'm thinking the change in access rights and that syncing up with my ID and browser was the source of the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are the calculated metrics "ad hoc" (as in just part of a specific workspace) or are they "public" meaning they show in the Components area?

When I check transfer assets on a user that I know has public calculated metrics, they do show for me... but no ad hoc calculated metrics show here... 

I believe that even if the owner is removed from the site, the ad hoc metrics will continue to exist in the workspace because they are explicitly connected to the workspace.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi again @Jennifer_Dungan! Yes, they're 'proper' calculated metrics i.e. created and saved to the assets list rather than just created for the project.

I do think it is something to do with my admin rights that prevented me from seeing them. I was given system administrator rights for our Experience Cloud installation, but wasn't product administrator for Analytics. Once I added that, and then went to Analytics in an incognito window, I could see users' calculated metrics. However, it took a while for me to be able to see calculated metrics in non-incognito mode (even after clearing cache and cookies multiple times). I'm thinking the change in access rights and that syncing up with my ID and browser was the source of the issue.

Community Advisor

That might be.. there are multiple different types of administration roles... that give admin rights to different things. Glad you figured it out!