Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How best to Q/A a completely new set of Marketing Channel Processing Rules?

Level 4

I am refining the definition of our marketing channel processing rules - essentially introducing more explicit definitions for each rule to ensure channel data is more accurate.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how best to Q/A this? The latency attached to data processing makes it challenging to say for sure that a particular hit was chalked up to a particular channel. Is there a better way (i.e. in real-time?).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I QA my Marketing Channel Processing Rules manually.

1. Going through my Processing Rules from first to last, I mentally validate as many combinations and permutations of the various conditions as possible.
  2. I wait for AA's Marketing Channels and Marketing Channel Details dimensions to fill up with data and validate them.

Yes, my process is very manual and tedious and -- probably most importantly -- not real-time and you're probably laughing and saying "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Unfortunately, I don't know of any automated way to QA Marketing Channel Processing Rules.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I QA my Marketing Channel Processing Rules manually.

1. Going through my Processing Rules from first to last, I mentally validate as many combinations and permutations of the various conditions as possible.
  2. I wait for AA's Marketing Channels and Marketing Channel Details dimensions to fill up with data and validate them.

Yes, my process is very manual and tedious and -- probably most importantly -- not real-time and you're probably laughing and saying "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Unfortunately, I don't know of any automated way to QA Marketing Channel Processing Rules.

Level 4

Haha thanks for the reply and the quote that made me laugh

I am all for waiting if that's the only option. Curious to learn how you're actually validating what each hit is legitimately qualifying for - i.e. how do you know that the hit at 2pm was not the hit at 2:01pm... etc.

Community Advisor

I don't qualify each hit. Rather, in an Analysis Workspace freeform table, I break down the Marketing Channels by Marketing Channel Details, and if the Details look correct, then I assume that the Marketing Channel Processing Rules are working correctly.