Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking Whether User Logged in or not

Level 2

I want to track whether pages are accessed while a user is logged in or not. Is Digital Data the best option for this? How do I access digital data values in Adobe Analytics for reporting purposes?

I saw several older posts with solutions using eVars? Is this still the best option?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By "Digital Data", I assume that you're referring to digitalData, a data layer that has traditionally been used with Adobe Analytics tracking.

If so, then digitalData doesn't really send data to AA. Rather, it's an intermediate (JavaScript) object between your website and the Adobe Analytics tracking code, AppMeasurement.js. Data are set in digitalData by the website and read by the implementation of AA's tracking code.

You'll need to speak with whoever implemented AA for you to figure out the best way to set a user's logged in state in digitalData, such that it can be tracked to AA. That is a custom implementation specific to your website.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By "Digital Data", I assume that you're referring to digitalData, a data layer that has traditionally been used with Adobe Analytics tracking.

If so, then digitalData doesn't really send data to AA. Rather, it's an intermediate (JavaScript) object between your website and the Adobe Analytics tracking code, AppMeasurement.js. Data are set in digitalData by the website and read by the implementation of AA's tracking code.

You'll need to speak with whoever implemented AA for you to figure out the best way to set a user's logged in state in digitalData, such that it can be tracked to AA. That is a custom implementation specific to your website.

Employee Advisor

I think, capturing the login state in an evar is still the best way to track users' login status.

Level 4

Hey @bobc76334831 You can ask your developers to pass the values as loggedin or not logged in to the object  digitialdata.loginstatus. Then within Adobe Launch copy the value to an evar/prop as loggedin or notloggedin and then you can view the reports within Adobe Analytics.