Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tracking visitor-level segments over time

Level 1

Is there a way to easily track visitor-level segments over time such that the visitor segment is calculated within each row, rather than for the whole table? For example, if I would like to track visitors with a certain event (such as an order) by month for the last year, the segment calculates the number of visitors in each month that have made an order at some point in the last year. This inflates the numbers for my purposes. What I would like to do instead is calculate the number of visitors who make an order in each month, to easily track this over time. In other words, I would like the September 2021 row in a table showing "Visitors with Orders" by month to show the same as the total for "Visitors with Orders" in September 2021 in a table limited to only September 2021.

I'm able to get the correct number if I use a hit-level segment, but then I can't calculate any rates that I need. For example, if I want to calculate how many visitors with an order also had a Page View on a certain URL, I can't track this over time because these would be two separate hits. If I link these in a visitor-level segment, I currently get inflated numbers for my purposes, because of the problem described above.

Another solution is dragging the date ranges as filters for multiple columns, using 3 months ago, 2 months ago, last month, etc. This also works, but it's a slow, cumbersome process, so I wanted to see if there was a better way.

Essentially, my main question is whether there is a way to have tables with rows as months (or another date), and a  visitor-level segments where the time-frame for the visitor calculation is equal to the row. Visitors with an order in January, visitors with an order in February, etc.

Thank you for your help!

0 Replies