Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking Code Dimension is coming unspecified in Reports

Level 2

Hi, I am analysing the workspace and found that tracking code and the tracking code related classification rules is coming unspecified, what can be the reasons regarding it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Assuming that your tracking code is set from a specific parameter in your users' landing page URL, then remember that not all of your users come from campaigns. In those cases, since there is no tracking code parameter in their landing page URLs, then there will not be any campaign tracking code tracked to AA.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@cpahwa11  How did you implement the tracking code? Did you implement the s.campaign variable?

It might be an implementation issue. Please check the implementation to know why it is coming up unspecified. 

Level 2

Actually we have implement classification rules, so the tracking code which we get from classification rules, I am talking about that. can you please help me in that case?

Level 2

The campaign report will contain the value passed into s.campaign. If that has data and your classifications do not, the classification rules are the issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Assuming that your tracking code is set from a specific parameter in your users' landing page URL, then remember that not all of your users come from campaigns. In those cases, since there is no tracking code parameter in their landing page URLs, then there will not be any campaign tracking code tracked to AA.

Level 2

Any traffic that does not contain a tracking code will show up as "unspecified" if you are using metrics like visits. If all your traffic is "unspecified" and you know some contained tracking codes, check to see if there is a redirect occurring. The redirect will not forward the campaign information.