Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Track traffic from within my website

Level 1

Hi There,

I would like to track traffic of an upcoming campaign, especially the kind that's directed by buttons on my e-shop pages.

Is there any way to do so without implementing CIDs?

As I figured Adobe Analytics only allows me to track third-party data, I am wondering what are the ways to track traffic from within my own website.

Would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @calvint58827894 

based on the description it sounds like your are trying to track Internal initiatives/campaigns that are aiming to drive conversions on your site, but you don't want those internal conversion to take away credit from 3rd party marketing initiatives by implementing CIDs on those internal links. 

An alternative is to use the same strategy, but to use a different query string on those buttons/CTA eg: icid=xxxx and to reserve a separate eVar to track the icid= value in same way you pick up CIDs.

This will result in a separate report dedicated to "internal marketing" initiatives. 

You might also consider Product finding method tracking as suggested here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/best-practices-for-tracki...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @calvint58827894 

based on the description it sounds like your are trying to track Internal initiatives/campaigns that are aiming to drive conversions on your site, but you don't want those internal conversion to take away credit from 3rd party marketing initiatives by implementing CIDs on those internal links. 

An alternative is to use the same strategy, but to use a different query string on those buttons/CTA eg: icid=xxxx and to reserve a separate eVar to track the icid= value in same way you pick up CIDs.

This will result in a separate report dedicated to "internal marketing" initiatives. 

You might also consider Product finding method tracking as suggested here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/best-practices-for-tracki...