Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

timestamp com data incorreta

Level 1

Good afternoon,

Currently, I configured the timestamp eVar for terms in Adobe Analytics reports with the configuration of:

mpiovesan_0-1686691522624.png

But there are some records that are being returned as "(Low traffic)"

mpiovesan_1-1686691772909.png

And the records after being exported by the data Warehouse come with past or future data (compared to the date in question)
Pulling the specific date range (hypothetically):
06/12/2023.
Within the "Timestamp" field, it returns as "01/01/2015".

Has anyone experienced this problem or know what kind of configuration I should do?

NOTE: These are some cases, not all.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you are relying on client time codes, are you sure these aren't just coming from users with their device time set incorrectly? Especially since this is just some cases and not all?

Have you tried testing by messing with your device time and seeing what happens?

Maybe people are using an emulator, and they have no onus to actually care if the system time is actually correct? Maybe this is part of your automated testing process using a bot which also may not pass or use a valid time code?

Sadly relying on client timestamps can come with difficulties that can be out of your control...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you are relying on client time codes, are you sure these aren't just coming from users with their device time set incorrectly? Especially since this is just some cases and not all?

Have you tried testing by messing with your device time and seeing what happens?

Maybe people are using an emulator, and they have no onus to actually care if the system time is actually correct? Maybe this is part of your automated testing process using a bot which also may not pass or use a valid time code?

Sadly relying on client timestamps can come with difficulties that can be out of your control...