Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Time to success event

Level 4

Hello,

I have a success event. I'd like to track any or all of the following:

- Average time (dd:hh:mm?) from start of visit to success event. I'm aware of hit depth, I'm looking for time, ideally.

- Average time from visitor's first visit start to first success event. This may span multiple visits

- Average total time on site at the visitor level, before first success event.

- Average hit depth at the visitor level before first success event.

Is there any way to track this using a calculated metric with conversion event data and off-the-shelf visit/visitor data? If not, what analytics data I need to implement to better track this?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can't you just take some of the default time metrics (time spent...)? I never tested it out but I think this might work, maybe not with all combinations of breakdown. but at least worth to try and see if those default metrics show you the desired information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

have a look at this slides from Audrey Salerno, Analytics Rockstar 2019: Dropbox - RockstarTips2019_AudreySalerno.pdf - Simplify your life

using her tip about "how many ... until ..." might give you exactly what you need!

Level 4

That's very helpful thanks!

Also interested in the time aspects as well if anybody has ideas on that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can't you just take some of the default time metrics (time spent...)? I never tested it out but I think this might work, maybe not with all combinations of breakdown. but at least worth to try and see if those default metrics show you the desired information.