Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Time spent on page - bucketed. Total number differs from the total number of visits. Why?

Level 1

Hi all,

I wanted to analyze one specific page for different segments that I created. 

I was curious to look at "Time Spent on Page - Bucketed", to see how long people stay on that page.

Now, I have a question regarding the numbers in the orange square (see picture).

174773xid_0-1648821358388.png

For the segment in the first column, there were 224 visits in total on that page. In the numbers in the orange square, there seems to be a total of 156 (out of 224 visits).

My questions:

- What does this 156 mean?

- Why is the remaining 68 visits left out of the time spent on page bucketed dimension?

- Why do I only get a total of 156, and not all the 224 visits for "Time Spent on Page - Bucketed"? 

Hope you can help me out with this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Adobe Analytics isn't able to calculate time spent in situations where that page is the last hit that occurs during a visit, although we are able to determine that someone had visited the page. That's likely where the difference in the 156 and the 224 is coming from (i.e. visits where that page is the last page of a visit).

You may have already seen this, but here is a helpful article on Time Spent that goes into more detail on how it is calculated.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Adobe Analytics isn't able to calculate time spent in situations where that page is the last hit that occurs during a visit, although we are able to determine that someone had visited the page. That's likely where the difference in the 156 and the 224 is coming from (i.e. visits where that page is the last page of a visit).

You may have already seen this, but here is a helpful article on Time Spent that goes into more detail on how it is calculated.