Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

This week last year to this date range showing incorrect date comparison

Level 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to compare last week (29th July 2024 to 4th Aug 2024) to the same period last year using (This week last year to this date range). However, I get below which is incorrect, ideally, it should be 31st - 6th July 2023.

juliusonyancha_0-1722867225434.png

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can edit the date range if its not what you need.

Can you show us what the rules being used are?

For example, when I set my panel to "Last Week" and use the "This week last year to this date range", I get "July 28, 2023-Aug 3rd, 2023", and yeah, I am not liking that (since it's not running with my "Sunday to Saturday" week....

So if I edit it, I get this definition (which looks completely wrong.. something might be up with the auto-calculated dates again... not the first time):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1722894853969.png

So I would ideally like to get a Sun-Sat, so I will change the definition to:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1722894991040.png

This looks a lot better.... now, if your weeks are Mon-Sun, this should probably work for you... If not, play with the definition until you are happy..  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can edit the date range if its not what you need.

Can you show us what the rules being used are?

For example, when I set my panel to "Last Week" and use the "This week last year to this date range", I get "July 28, 2023-Aug 3rd, 2023", and yeah, I am not liking that (since it's not running with my "Sunday to Saturday" week....

So if I edit it, I get this definition (which looks completely wrong.. something might be up with the auto-calculated dates again... not the first time):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1722894853969.png

So I would ideally like to get a Sun-Sat, so I will change the definition to:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1722894991040.png

This looks a lot better.... now, if your weeks are Mon-Sun, this should probably work for you... If not, play with the definition until you are happy..  

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan my week runs from Mon-Sun, it works when manually editing it but thought it can work with auto dates.

Community Advisor

The auto dates should work, you're right.. but based on what I am seeing, it looks like they are having issues again...

If you see my screenshot, "start of current week minus 1 week" is definitely not correct to get last year.... lol. I've seen that before and they fixed it... I think it's time for a ticket.

But, luckily you can create manual fixes when required... it's an extra step, but it means you aren't stuck.