Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Success Events: s.t vs s.tl calls

Level 2

I want to implement a form start event when a particular page loads but I am not sure if I should fire it on the page load call or fire it as a customLink?
Does it make a difference if it fires on pageview or as a customLink?

If I do fire it on the page view, how to I manage the page view rules? At the moment I have one page view rule firing on all pages. Now will I have to create separate rules for page views that fire different events or is there a better approach?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @at9191, if the form start event is designed to trigger when the page loaded, you can add those relevant evar/event to the page view tracking rule, which you should have the page view tracking anyway, right? You can think like the page view tracking rule is the base, and you just adding more data.

You may use the customLink tracking action, s.tl, if the form start event happened after the page view event, such as trigger only if the user started filling the form with some onFocus event or onChange event on the form. In this case, you will use the s.tl as there is no page view tracking for you to ride on.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @at9191, if the form start event is designed to trigger when the page loaded, you can add those relevant evar/event to the page view tracking rule, which you should have the page view tracking anyway, right? You can think like the page view tracking rule is the base, and you just adding more data.

You may use the customLink tracking action, s.tl, if the form start event happened after the page view event, such as trigger only if the user started filling the form with some onFocus event or onChange event on the form. In this case, you will use the s.tl as there is no page view tracking for you to ride on.