Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

sprop & evar for capturing BRANDS

Level 2

We have an ecommerce site that allows customers to create their own site and sell on their site a variety of our brands. 

We want to capture the amount of instances a brand is used on different sites. We want to capture that brand individually, not as a string. 

So for example:

Brands    Instances

Brand A    34

Brand B    29

Brand C    25

etc...

NOT:

Brand A, Brand C    22

Brand A, Brand B, Brand C    21

etc.

For the sprop, I got this to work using a comma delimiter, but this has not worked for the evar. 

Does anyone know how I could do this for the evar? Do I need to change the code or is there a way to do this from the Site Catalyst end?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Yoav,

Are you trying to track via the List Var option for eVars? You can configure within the Admin Console>Conversion>List Variables.

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/listN.html

>>>

Also known as List Var. Similar to how List Props function, List Vars allow multiple values within the same image request. They also act similarly to eVars, which persist beyond the image request they were defined on. You can use these variables to see cause and effect among multiple elements on a single page, such as product lists, wish lists, lists of search refinements, or lists of display ads.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Yoav,

Are you trying to track via the List Var option for eVars? You can configure within the Admin Console>Conversion>List Variables.

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/listN.html

>>>

Also known as List Var. Similar to how List Props function, List Vars allow multiple values within the same image request. They also act similarly to eVars, which persist beyond the image request they were defined on. You can use these variables to see cause and effect among multiple elements on a single page, such as product lists, wish lists, lists of search refinements, or lists of display ads.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

Thanks Brian,

So would this be the process for implementation:

1. Contact Client Care to enable a list

2. Replace my tagging for the evar associated with brands, let's say "evar24=" with "s.list1="

Test and confirm?

Also, do you know if this works retroactively?

Thx

Employee

Hi Yoav,

You can now set them up on your own via the admin console steps to access: Admin Console>Conversion>List Variables. Configuration walk through is detailed here and you use s.listX syntax: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/listN.html.

List var tracking will only work go forward in the reports. You can also classify List Vars:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/the-starting-lineup-adobe-analytics-standard-1-2-u...

Clas­si­fi­ca­tions on List Variables

Up sev­enth, one of my favorite capa­bil­i­ties of Site­Cat­a­lyst 15 is list vari­ables. These spe­cial vari­ables allow you to cap­ture a list of val­ues so you can eas­ily mea­sure things like guided search usage or on-site ad impressions—things that might have a many-to-one rela­tion­ship to the page. I’m pleased to report that you can now add meta-data clas­si­fi­ca­tions to these vari­able val­ues. This extends the value that you can get out of your list vari­able data by allow­ing you to group indi­vid­ual val­ues from your list into ad groups/types, guided search ele­ments, etc.

To set up clas­si­fi­ca­tions on list vari­ables, go to Edit Set­tings > Con­ver­sion > Con­ver­sion Clas­si­fi­ca­tions in the Admin Con­sole, then clas­sify using the Clas­si­fi­ca­tion menu under Admin to upload or set up rules to gov­ern your list vari­able classifications.