Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

SPA - Web Analytics Best Practice??

Level 1

Would like to know for single page application which web analytics implementation is best

1)Using Javascript

2)Through Launch

Need Pros and cons

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Manoj,

This thread has a pretty exhaustive discussion on SPA and has some good links as well:

Best practices for Single-Page Apps

Hope this helps

Sanmeet

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Manoj,

It might be SPA or Angular or HTML, I would suggest you to go for Launch.

Launch as a Tag Manager has many capabilities; the most important one i would say is that it reduce your IT interactions for updating changes.

There are more links available across google to compare the Tag Management Systems to get the Pro's and Con's.

Also, if you use launch, you can update the codes Asynchronously.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi Manoj,

In case of SPA both the methods would require support from developers.

With Adobe Launch, involvement of developers is reduced by a considerable extent, the developers will be responsible for updating the dataLayer or the direct call rules. With Adobe Launch you can also set a direct call rule with custom parameters. Moreover, apart from Analytics, if there are any other tools like deployment of facebook or other marketing pixels, you will not be required to bother the dev again and can play with the already setup dataLayer

Using Javascript is not ideal as it puts the entire dependency on the dev. Mostly, development follows sprints and that can slow down the data enablement. Moreover, developers will be required to take care of extra analytics functions and nitty-gritties associated with the various analytics calls which is an overhead for them

I would advice for an Adobe Launch based setup.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Sanmeet Singh Walia

Level 1

Thank you Sanmeet.Any dedicated tutorial for first time users of launch and also one more thing any real time example for Customer journey/UserFlow through javascript available??

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Manoj,

This thread has a pretty exhaustive discussion on SPA and has some good links as well:

Best practices for Single-Page Apps

Hope this helps

Sanmeet