Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Show total numbers in the graph

Level 3

Hi, 

I am running a page report that shows all the visits to the pages of my site. If I compare the visits for two months, at the bottom of the page I get the total visits for each month. I would like then to have these two total also in the graph, instead of having several bars that compare the visits to specific pages. I couldn't find a way to show this total on the graph. Would appreciate some help! Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could export the report to CSV, then use Excel's graphing capabilities to get the charts *exactly* how you want them. I've personally done that a few times using Report Builder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Also:

See the screenshot:

[img]page.png[/img]

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi there,

thanks for reaching out.

For this purpose, you can select your report suite and then run the Visits report under Site metrics report. Then you can choose two months from the calendar e.g jan and feb. Then view the report by month and it will show the total visits for jan and feb in the graph. You can also select the entire site from the filter or specific pages.

Thanks!

Level 3

Shekhar_Dhiman wrote...

Hi there,

thanks for reaching out.

For this purpose, you can select your report suite and then run the Visits report under Site metrics report. Then you can choose two months from the calendar e.g jan and feb. Then view the report by month and it will show the total visits for jan and feb in the graph. You can also select the entire site from the filter or specific pages.

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer. I checked and it works if I run a report as "site metrics -> visits".

But what if I want to run a report under "site content -> pages", get the list of all the pages (on the bottom), but instead of showing on the graph the comparison between these pages, show ONLY the comparison between the total visit of the months.
Do you think is possible?

Because it would be nice to have the detailed statistics of the pages on the bottom (as it comes by default) but  having on the graph only the comparison of the total visits instead of the comparison of several pages.

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. 

Apologies! but the graph customization is limited in Adobe Reports and Analytics. The graph can only give you the comparison of visits specific to pages not total visits as a whole as it is the graphical representation of the data in the table below the graph in Reports and Analytics. So it would not be possible under the Site Content > Pages report. You can make use of the Adobe Report Builder and create a customized report in excel which shows total pages and their respective visits in the table and then in the graph you can show the comparison on visits in two months.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could export the report to CSV, then use Excel's graphing capabilities to get the charts *exactly* how you want them. I've personally done that a few times using Report Builder.