Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Should I reset evar? How long should it be in reset?

Level 6

We have an evar which is set up to track purchase id and expire on purchase event. But due to some tech issue the purchase event doesnt fire so the purchase ID keeps floating. No we have fixed the purchase event issue but how to get rid of the persisted evar values which is still floating around because of that our purchase ID gets inflated when counted every day. Should I reset evar? If yes how long it should be in reset mode?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes, to get rid of persisted eVar values, reset is the best option. It will erase all the values which are persisting but will not erase the historical data and It will be done immediately.

Community Advisor

I haven't done this in the past. But i think it's quick. There is no specific time limit i think.

Community Advisor

You just need to toggle it once for your eVar.

1. In your report suite settings, access your eVar's settings and toggle the reset option to turn it on.
  2. Save your settings.
  3. The next time you access that eVar's settings, the reset option should be back to its "Do not reset" option.