Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Sharing projects without needing Adobe login.

Level 2

At Adobe Summit, there was an announcement regarding the ability to share projects with individuals without an Adobe login. Does anyone know when this will be available? (I know that it is possible to share as PDF, however, I would like to post a link on our Intranet site instead of having to manually add a file each week/month. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe that "Publishing Widgets" only works with the old "Reports" (which are soon to be deprecated). There is a new feature soon to be released for Workspaces that now only allow for our reports to be shared, but users will be able to interact with date range and segment dropdowns, etc.

This was presented as a new coming feature at Summit this year... my guess is that this will be released mid-year, but that is only a guess.... I too am eager for this feature to be released.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi @JC253 ,

I might not be exactly sure what update you are referring to but I feel 'Publishing widget' can help you with your requirement here.

Publishing widget is a feature already available in Adobe Analytics.
You can access it under menu dropdown of Admin->Publishing widgets.

A Publishing Widget is a container for embedding Analytics reports (bookmarks or dashboards) on a website. People in your company who don't have access to Analytics reports can nonetheless see the information.

For example, you could create a dashboard that allows company executives to see the number of page visits, unique page visitors, and other metrics.
When a visitor loads a web page that includes a Publishing widget, it displays the associated report. After embedding the Publishing widget, you can replace or modify the associated report at any time to change the report output for all web pages using that widget

You can simply create the widget with reports including the selected metrics and embed the generated code on your intranet site for the people in your organisation to see.

You can get more info on Publishing widget here.

Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe that "Publishing Widgets" only works with the old "Reports" (which are soon to be deprecated). There is a new feature soon to be released for Workspaces that now only allow for our reports to be shared, but users will be able to interact with date range and segment dropdowns, etc.

This was presented as a new coming feature at Summit this year... my guess is that this will be released mid-year, but that is only a guess.... I too am eager for this feature to be released.

Level 1

@Jennifer_Dungan Is there any additional news about when this feature might be delivered? I also attended Summit and I have been looking forward to using the feature. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Not so far... I guess they ran into issues with the "report level" authentication? Since data could be potentially sensitive, which is why traditionally users needed to have an account to access.

I know in the demo they were showing that a "Report Level" PW could be set, but I wonder if they encountered bugs that pushed this release back?

Like you, I will keep waiting patiently.

Level 1

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan - Just following up again to see if there was any additional news about the feature you mentioned above?

Community Advisor

Not yet, but I will keep working on them when talking with people involved in this project

Community Advisor

Oh I just realized the age of this post.. technically this was released, but different than how it was presented...

You can now share you reports with "Anyone" (no pw protection), or to people with an Experience Cloud Account.. now, I guess this would be fine if you have an organization fully tied into the Experience Cloud infrastructure, but not everyone has Analytics access....  

In my company, users in the Cloud are all Analytics users, so that option makes no sense to me.... and I don't really want the report fully accessible to just anyone...

I am working on them about creating report level PWs, as per the original preview... this would make me more comfortable sharing the reports out.

I believe though, there may currently a bug, I've heard reports of the visualizations not fully loading when the report is shared... I am not sure if that is fixed yet....