Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Sequential segmentation at the hit level

Level 4

I am assuming this is not possible, but hoping to be proven wrong. 

Here's the scenario:
User A visits Page 1 and clicks a Button B that filters the results on Page 1. They click a link to Page 2 from these results.
I want to show the usefulness of Button B by showing all the times a page was clicked from the filtered results and which filter they used. 
Button does NOT have a 'previous' value evar and expires at the hit level.

Segmentation only seems to allow me to define the entire visit sequence or before/after clicking the Button B and then clicking to Page (2-100). I have Buttons A-Z on Page 1 as well so in theory User A could: visit Page 1 > click Button D > click to Page 6 > return to Page 1 > click Button B > click to Page 2 > return to Page 1 > click Button F > click to page 11 > leave the site.

So using sequential actions I can either segment on:
Page 1 > click Button D > click to Page 6 > return to Page 1 > click Button B > click to Page 2 > return to Page 1 > click Button F > click to page 11 > leave 
Page 1 > click Button D > click to Page 6 > return to Page 1 > click Button B > click to Page 2 > return to Page 1 > click Button F > click to page 11 > leave 
or

What I want to be able to report is only this action:

Given that Button evar is not captured in a 'previous' evar on the next page load, and does not persist beyond the hit, is there any way to report on this in Analysis Workspace?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

With sequential segments, you can use a "Within" and "After" condition. In your case, I think this would work, i.e.

segment for "view Page 1"

Then Within 1 Pageview

segment for "click button B"

Then After 1 Pageview

segment for "view Page 2"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee
Hi, have you tried using Page 1 Then within 1 hit Click Button D and so on in sequential segment?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

With sequential segments, you can use a "Within" and "After" condition. In your case, I think this would work, i.e.

segment for "view Page 1"

Then Within 1 Pageview

segment for "click button B"

Then After 1 Pageview

segment for "view Page 2"