Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segment to filter URL contains sku = 7{*******} alphanumeric value

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am trying to build a visit level segment based on pageURL contains sku={*******}.We are passing the 7 digit alphanumeric value(for instance: T6L04AA) in the product page URL. I am trying to use these 7 digit alphanumeric value as condition. But I am not able to create it as we have huge number of sku's. Can you please help me here to create segment using regular expression?

for instance: https://b2b.hp.com/productDetails/details?a1ustri3=KyWOhEs4RFAAAAYEtQExQ0R_&sku=T6L04AA&productType=catalog&a1ortri2=ppurKnessyhT%20

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dinesh,

@dinesh_kumar_r wrote:

...But I am not able to create it as we have huge number of sku's...

It sounds that maybe you are going to reach the 500K value limit per dimension. In any case, you cannot use regexp while working with segments. The most  you can do is to use wildcards, and wildcards only work for whole values in the dimension. For instance:

• Your dimension matches 10_*_000 delivers:
    • 10_20495_000
    • 10_219432_000
    • 10_32_000

For your requeriments, it looks like that the best approach would be, imho, to capture SKU parameter in a new eVar. From here, you can use the Classification Rule Builder with any desired regexp to create the segments as you need. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Agustin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dinesh,

@dinesh_kumar_r wrote:

...But I am not able to create it as we have huge number of sku's...

It sounds that maybe you are going to reach the 500K value limit per dimension. In any case, you cannot use regexp while working with segments. The most  you can do is to use wildcards, and wildcards only work for whole values in the dimension. For instance:

• Your dimension matches 10_*_000 delivers:
    • 10_20495_000
    • 10_219432_000
    • 10_32_000

For your requeriments, it looks like that the best approach would be, imho, to capture SKU parameter in a new eVar. From here, you can use the Classification Rule Builder with any desired regexp to create the segments as you need. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Agustin

Level 1

Does this mean I can use * to replace the values i'm not looking to segment on?