Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Segment - Hit just prior/after certain event

Level 2

Hello community

I would like to know what happened just before/after certain event, and how to segment that hit only.

For example, I can use hit depth to track that event10 occurred on hit depth 20, 30 and 50. But how may I know what happened on hit 19 or 21, hit 29 or 31, hit 49 or 51, specifically. For example what was the pageName on those hits? I tried creating following calculated metrics, but no success.

a) hit depth(event 10 occurs) - 1 hit depth = segment wanted

b) hit depth(event 10 occurs) + 1 hit depth = segment wanted

If I use only before/only after option, then it would list ALL hits prior/after that spesific event, and Im not interested all hits, only hit just before/after that event. How to build segment for this purpose? I went thru Adobes material on sequential segments, but was not able to find solid work.around.

I could imagine, that I'm not only one struggling with this. Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

30 views but no comments. Im guessing there is no way to do this, at least I could not figure out how...

Level 2

30 views but no comments. Im guessing there is no way to do this, at least I could not figure out how...