Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segment for Visitors viewed specific page more than 2 times

Level 2

Hi all!

I want to build a segment filtering visitors viewed specific page more than 2 or 3 times.

e.g.) Viewed page named "Category5" page 2 times

I have tried to build Segment like this

JungTaejun_0-1646626875975.png

I guess this segment is correct because (As I understand) the segment filters Visitors who viewed Category5 page and had 2 page views (any page). 

How to build a segment that I wanted?

any ideas?

thank you for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear JungTaejun,

Think about the sequential segment below.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1646748845269.png

The segment should provide you with the number of visitors who have seen the page at least 2 times.

Now, if you modify it marginally like below.

PratheepArunRaj_1-1646749038974.png

Then the segment should provide you with the number of visitors who have seen the page exactly 2 times.

So, play with the sequential segments and see if you can create a segment based on your wish. Just passing my thoughts here and all the best.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi JunTaejun,

It’s impossible to build a segment to filter Visitors who viewed the Category5 page twice or three times. Your segment will filter Visitors who viewed the Category5 page and viewed any page twice. 

I hope that helps.

Level 8
Level 8

you may need to develop a new metric, once a page viewed 1 time, it's added 1, then use that metric.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear JungTaejun,

Think about the sequential segment below.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1646748845269.png

The segment should provide you with the number of visitors who have seen the page at least 2 times.

Now, if you modify it marginally like below.

PratheepArunRaj_1-1646749038974.png

Then the segment should provide you with the number of visitors who have seen the page exactly 2 times.

So, play with the sequential segments and see if you can create a segment based on your wish. Just passing my thoughts here and all the best.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 2

Thank you Arun! and everyone sharing ideas!

I will try this!

Community Advisor

Dear JungTaejun,

Guess my second screenshot will not work for "exactly 2 times". You need to exclude at least 3 times to make the segment workable. Sorry, I was just passing my thoughts earlier and didn't validate the segmentations. Please validate while you are building the segments!

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics