Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Search Visitors | Data Validation Question

Level 2

Hello,

All Search Engines - unique visitors report doesn't equal (=/=) the number of unique visitors for the Referral Types report, search line item. Why is this?

How can I reconfigure/adjust my settings to get search visitors to be consistent across all reports?

Thanks,

Walter 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Walter,

Because of De-duplication of the UV. 

There will be visitors who will be using different search engines to reach your websites. So in Search engines report they will shows as different UV under different line items ( for e.g. Google and Bing) but when it comes to the referrer type reports it will de-duplicate the same visitor from the total who is using different search engines to reach you.

Let me know if it helps you. You can mark it as closed if it solves your query.

Thanks

Akhil

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Walter,

Because of De-duplication of the UV. 

There will be visitors who will be using different search engines to reach your websites. So in Search engines report they will shows as different UV under different line items ( for e.g. Google and Bing) but when it comes to the referrer type reports it will de-duplicate the same visitor from the total who is using different search engines to reach you.

Let me know if it helps you. You can mark it as closed if it solves your query.

Thanks

Akhil