Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Search engines in "referring domain" and "paid/natural search"

Level 3

Hi there,

google.com is appearing in my 'referring domain's channel in last touch marketing channel report - how does this differ from paid/natural search?  Is it double-counting?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karen,

That actually depends on how your marketing channel processing rules are set up. Chances are it's from a non-search engine function of google, such as mail.google.com or plus.google.com. If you're viewing marketing channels with an event as a metric, it's definitely not double counting.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karen,

That actually depends on how your marketing channel processing rules are set up. Chances are it's from a non-search engine function of google, such as mail.google.com or plus.google.com. If you're viewing marketing channels with an event as a metric, it's definitely not double counting.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 1

Hi Gigazell, I want to understand this better and need clarification from you. Suppose the subdomain is maps.google.com - can u please explain the scenario in which a person might come from this subdomain. Would someone Googling ‘website.com’ and then clicking on the map pack to the right of the search results be deemed as a maps.google.com referral?