Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Scheduled Project to external user

Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to send a weekly automated report via Scheduled project to external user, but for some reason the user does not receive the report. Scheduled project works fine for internal users, also for my personal gmail account. What could be possible reasons for this? Could you help me with this?

br, Lauri

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lauri,

There could be several reasons why the external user is not receiving the scheduled report. Here are some possible explanations and solutions:

1. Spam filters: The recipient's email server or email client might be marking the report email as spam. Ask the recipient to check their spam or junk folder. They can also add the email address used for sending the reports to their contacts or whitelist it to avoid future emails being marked as spam.

2. Email server restrictions: Some email servers have strict policies and may block incoming emails from unknown or untrusted sources. In this case, the recipient's IT department may need to whitelist the email address or domain used for sending the reports.

3. Incorrect email address: Double-check the email address you've entered for the recipient to ensure it's correct.

4. Email delivery failure: Sometimes, email delivery can fail due to temporary issues with the sender or recipient's email server. You can try rescheduling the report to see if it gets delivered successfully.

5. Adobe Analytics settings: There might be restrictions in your Adobe Analytics account that prevent sending reports to external users. Contact Adobe Support to ensure that your account allows sending reports to external recipients.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lauri,

There could be several reasons why the external user is not receiving the scheduled report. Here are some possible explanations and solutions:

1. Spam filters: The recipient's email server or email client might be marking the report email as spam. Ask the recipient to check their spam or junk folder. They can also add the email address used for sending the reports to their contacts or whitelist it to avoid future emails being marked as spam.

2. Email server restrictions: Some email servers have strict policies and may block incoming emails from unknown or untrusted sources. In this case, the recipient's IT department may need to whitelist the email address or domain used for sending the reports.

3. Incorrect email address: Double-check the email address you've entered for the recipient to ensure it's correct.

4. Email delivery failure: Sometimes, email delivery can fail due to temporary issues with the sender or recipient's email server. You can try rescheduling the report to see if it gets delivered successfully.

5. Adobe Analytics settings: There might be restrictions in your Adobe Analytics account that prevent sending reports to external users. Contact Adobe Support to ensure that your account allows sending reports to external recipients.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a closer look at those issues.