Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Scheduled project reports won't update the end dates

Level 1

I am totally new to Adobe Analytics and am still trying to figure out the features. I'm responsible for weekly website metric reporting and noticed my scheduled project sends the same report date range week after week. For example, the cut off date remains June 30. How can I adjust this to ensure it shows the latest and greatest data? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey, welcome to Adobe Analytics!

So, the best thing to note is that when you set up a Workspace, you need to make sure your date ranges are "rolling"... there are a lot of options here, but I will cover the ones you are likely to use the most... also, just note, and changes you make to your Projects after creating a schedule will impact the scheduled report if you save it (for instance, if you have a rolling date and you schedule a report, then you open that report to check a specific day or range - don't save it, or make sure you "save as" to prevent overwriting your scheduled project).

1. Pre-Defined Rolling Date Ranges

These will likely be the most common options to use; choices like "This Month", "Last Month", "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", "Last 2 Weeks", "Last 3 Full Months", etc

If you select dates from the calendar, those are locked (but you can modify this, see below)

These are selectable from the "Preset" Menu

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658185730288.png

You can always confirm these are rolling by clicking on "Show advanced settings"

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1658185800772.png

and checking that "rolling" is selected:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1658185826548.png

2. Creating a custom rolling date for your Project (within your project only)

You can start with any preset, or by selecting dates in your calendar (which above I told you are locked).

Using the same advanced settings, you can turn and custom date range into rolling with more control.

To do this, choose a range to start and make sure "use rolling dates" is selected, but now, click on "rolling *** = rolling ***" (where *** could be "monthly" or "daily" etc based on your initial selection. You will now see the following:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1658186115534.png

Here is where you can really start to play with customized settings... Maybe you have a campaign that started on a specific day, and you want to monitor from the start of the campaign until now.

You can select "fixed" day, and select the specific date for the start:

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1658186215111.png

And then have it rolling to "end of current day" if you want to include today's partial data, or "start of current day" if you want to only have data for "full" days:

Jennifer_Dungan_5-1658186301456.png

You can also create a rolling profile based on "plus/minus" data at whichever time frame you need...

Jennifer_Dungan_6-1658186371393.png

Maybe you want 7 Months Full worth of data (which isn't a pre-defined period), you could use Start: "Start of current month minus 8 months" and End: "start of current month" (which will make sure nothing from this month appears, and you have 7 full months of data)

There are lots of options.

This will only be part of this report, it won't show up in Date Ranges in your Components area.

3. Creating a custom rolling date (Re-Usable Date Ranges)

Very similar to the above, you can create a repository of re-usable Date Ranges.... You can create within Workspace by using the + sign next to your Date Ranges (in your left hand Components area):

Jennifer_Dungan_7-1658186766373.png

or by creating Date Ranges in the Components management area

Jennifer_Dungan_8-1658186819910.png

The same rules as #2 apply, but these will be made as shareable components that will now show in the left hand Components area, and will appear in your Pre-Set Dates.

You may not have access to the Components Management Area depending on your permission levels, but I know you can create reusable dates (cause I have users doing that whether they should or not - I can't seem to stop them from creating garbage date ranges)

Please, make sure if you are creating "shared" Date Ranges, that they make sense to be permanent components... you don't want to flood your pre-sets with a bunch of things that will only ever be used once or twice. If they are being used frequently, this is when it makes sense.

Hope this helps, but you should definitely practice making custom rolling dates so you feel comfortable.. but I suspect right now, for your weekly report the pre-set "Last Week" or "Last 7 Days" will be exactly what you need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey, welcome to Adobe Analytics!

So, the best thing to note is that when you set up a Workspace, you need to make sure your date ranges are "rolling"... there are a lot of options here, but I will cover the ones you are likely to use the most... also, just note, and changes you make to your Projects after creating a schedule will impact the scheduled report if you save it (for instance, if you have a rolling date and you schedule a report, then you open that report to check a specific day or range - don't save it, or make sure you "save as" to prevent overwriting your scheduled project).

1. Pre-Defined Rolling Date Ranges

These will likely be the most common options to use; choices like "This Month", "Last Month", "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", "Last 2 Weeks", "Last 3 Full Months", etc

If you select dates from the calendar, those are locked (but you can modify this, see below)

These are selectable from the "Preset" Menu

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658185730288.png

You can always confirm these are rolling by clicking on "Show advanced settings"

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1658185800772.png

and checking that "rolling" is selected:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1658185826548.png

2. Creating a custom rolling date for your Project (within your project only)

You can start with any preset, or by selecting dates in your calendar (which above I told you are locked).

Using the same advanced settings, you can turn and custom date range into rolling with more control.

To do this, choose a range to start and make sure "use rolling dates" is selected, but now, click on "rolling *** = rolling ***" (where *** could be "monthly" or "daily" etc based on your initial selection. You will now see the following:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1658186115534.png

Here is where you can really start to play with customized settings... Maybe you have a campaign that started on a specific day, and you want to monitor from the start of the campaign until now.

You can select "fixed" day, and select the specific date for the start:

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1658186215111.png

And then have it rolling to "end of current day" if you want to include today's partial data, or "start of current day" if you want to only have data for "full" days:

Jennifer_Dungan_5-1658186301456.png

You can also create a rolling profile based on "plus/minus" data at whichever time frame you need...

Jennifer_Dungan_6-1658186371393.png

Maybe you want 7 Months Full worth of data (which isn't a pre-defined period), you could use Start: "Start of current month minus 8 months" and End: "start of current month" (which will make sure nothing from this month appears, and you have 7 full months of data)

There are lots of options.

This will only be part of this report, it won't show up in Date Ranges in your Components area.

3. Creating a custom rolling date (Re-Usable Date Ranges)

Very similar to the above, you can create a repository of re-usable Date Ranges.... You can create within Workspace by using the + sign next to your Date Ranges (in your left hand Components area):

Jennifer_Dungan_7-1658186766373.png

or by creating Date Ranges in the Components management area

Jennifer_Dungan_8-1658186819910.png

The same rules as #2 apply, but these will be made as shareable components that will now show in the left hand Components area, and will appear in your Pre-Set Dates.

You may not have access to the Components Management Area depending on your permission levels, but I know you can create reusable dates (cause I have users doing that whether they should or not - I can't seem to stop them from creating garbage date ranges)

Please, make sure if you are creating "shared" Date Ranges, that they make sense to be permanent components... you don't want to flood your pre-sets with a bunch of things that will only ever be used once or twice. If they are being used frequently, this is when it makes sense.

Hope this helps, but you should definitely practice making custom rolling dates so you feel comfortable.. but I suspect right now, for your weekly report the pre-set "Last Week" or "Last 7 Days" will be exactly what you need.