Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rolling Date Range

Level 2

Hi, 

I adobe analytics my predefined week is Saturday - Friday. But I have feature that changes weekly (Thurs-wednesday)

I would like to create the following rolling date ranges: Last week, 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago for the features' week over week comparison metrics. 

I have the rolling weekly date range created, using current week minus few days and similar to that for the end date. But since the predefined week is sat- fri, the date range rolls based on that and give inaccurate dates. 

For example: Expectation is for it to roll on every Thursday. Which is does and then it rolls on Saturday as the current predefined week changes. 

Any suggestion on how to have it roll only on Thursday?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My Adobe is set up with standard "Sunday to Saturday" weeks, I created some custom rolling date ranges for "Monday to Sunday" using:

Last Week (M-S)

Start: Start of current week minus 6 days

End: Start of current week plus 1 day

And for 2 Weeks ago (M-S):

Start: Start of current week minus 13 days

End: Start of current week plus 6 days

etc...

I haven't noticed any issues... can you share the rules you set up for your custom ranges?

I will have to set up a test suite with a custom date range to test rules out, but it should work similar to mine....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My Adobe is set up with standard "Sunday to Saturday" weeks, I created some custom rolling date ranges for "Monday to Sunday" using:

Last Week (M-S)

Start: Start of current week minus 6 days

End: Start of current week plus 1 day

And for 2 Weeks ago (M-S):

Start: Start of current week minus 13 days

End: Start of current week plus 6 days

etc...

I haven't noticed any issues... can you share the rules you set up for your custom ranges?

I will have to set up a test suite with a custom date range to test rules out, but it should work similar to mine....

Level 2

Here is how I have created my rolling date range 

Report suite week: Saturday - Fri 

Rolling Custom Date Range Week - Thursday - Wednesday 

Here is my definition: 

Start of Current week Minus 2 Days

End of Current week Minus 2 Days. 

In the meantime, I will also give it a try on how you have approached it

Community Advisor

I think the problem is may be that you are actually pulling dates for "this week" and the week may not have finished yet....

If you try something more like:

Start: Start of current week minus 9 days   (so you are going back far enough to get a full week)

End: Start of current week minus 2 days

If my math is correct (which ostensibly after working a 10 hour day may need to be reviewed) this should get you two Thursdays ago (based in your configured week), until the beginning of (but not including) "last" Thursday, resulting in a full week Thursday to Wednesday....