Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Returning visitors on a website's section

Level 3

Hi,

I need to answer this question by using the Workspace : "How many people returned on a specific section of my website ?"

If I create a segment based on the number of visits of the visitor, it will take into account all these visits, not only the visits that include a page view on this section

How can I get that ?

For example, how can I filter on visitors with at least 2 visits on the sport section in January 2020 ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you considered using a sequential segment:

Something like 
Visitor
Section = Sports
THEN AFTER 1 Visit
 Section = Sports

Lots of great examples here:
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-s...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@mathildeb777400  I would create a hit segment where Page Section = "sports" AND Visit Number is greater than or equal to "2" AND Pageview exist.

Note: Page Section is a custom variable ...assuming you are capturing site section in custom variable.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If i am using "visit number" I think I will take into account the lifetime visits, not only the visits that happened during the selected period.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you considered using a sequential segment:

Something like 
Visitor
Section = Sports
THEN AFTER 1 Visit
 Section = Sports

Lots of great examples here:
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-s...