Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

restricting dashboard access

Level 1

I've created several dashboard and want to share them, but restrict sharing it with only certain users or groups. Is there any way to do that with existing users? I see that when setting up a new user, I have the option of giving them access to specific dashboards, but how can I do that with existing users?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With the introduction to workspace, any user can share projects, and they won't appear to every user in your organization.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Marla,

Welcome to the Analytics Community!

You can share dashboards with specific users by the 'Push to users' function. 

- In the Dashboard Manager, locate the dashboard, then enable Shared.
- Click Push To Users.  
- On the Push Dashboard page, select the target users or click Check All.
- Click Save.

I hope that helps.

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Thanks so much for your reply. I tried that, however it still shows any dashboard I've shared to ALL of the user accounts, not just the ones I targeted on the Push Dashboard page.

Level 1

Can only ADMINS share dashboards?  I can click the Shared box but the PUSH TO USERS icon does not show after doing that.

I'm wondering if this Sharing is only limited to Admins.  If not, then how can I get my PUSH TO USERS icon to show after clicking the Shared box?

Thanks in Advance!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

With the introduction to workspace, any user can share projects, and they won't appear to every user in your organization.