Expand my Community achievements bar.

Limit User Access to single dashboard within a report suite

Level 2

Maybe it's me having a brain cramp but I can't figure this out.

I have this specific use case that came up where I need to provide select individuals with limited access to just a single dashboard. This dashboard resides in a report suite that has multiple published dashboards, is it possible for a user to only have view only access on a specific dashboard within a report suite and ensure they cannot access other dashboards?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @BrandonGo1 Is you are referring dashboards to projects in adobe analytics,

open the specific project you want to share with the user

select share and select 'Share with Workspace users'

In the share project pop-up, enter the user name in the read only field and select update.

And make sure, you didn't share any other projects to that user.

Share project modal:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.57.54 AM.png

Community Advisor

Firstly, only reports that have been shared with or created by a user will be visible to them when opening from their interface. Unfortunately, if they have the direct link to a report not explicitly shared with them, then they can open it with "Edit Copy" permissions. There is no way to restrict that, but it's also pretty rare that they would be able to find non-shared workspaces without someone giving them a link.

"Approved" reports still don't automatically appear for all users, I really don't know what the approval actually does in the case of Workspaces. Unless you are talking about Projects in the "Company" folder... those will be visible... because in essence, they are shared with all users.

If you are really concerned about access, you could try the "Share with Anyone" option, and allow them to access only that report without requiring them to have an account.

Or you can pull the report as a PDF and send to them, or schedule a PDF to send to them at an appropriate granularity.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Also, building on Jen's answer, in addition to seeing reports that are shared with them or with links that others give them, the user will also have access to create their own dashboards if they have an Adobe account. So if your concern is them using different components without any experience, the "share with anyone" link, or pdf exports are probably the best way to go. With the pdf export you can set it up on schedule so they can get it on a regular basis.

Level 3

You can handle the dashboard access from your end. Please provide read only access to that user so that he can only view the dashboard.

Also if you want you can schedule the dashboard so that they can get the PDF or CSV on their email.