Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report suite allocation for Media Reporting

Level 2

I've just implemented media reporting on my site and it all seems to work splendidly. 

Almost.

Problem is that I've implemented it by allocating media reporting to a dev report suite (so it could all be tested) and now I can't for the life of me work out how to change it to be allocated to the 'production' report suite instead.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you using the "Adobe Media Analytics for Audio and Video" extension in Adobe Launch?

I don't actually use this extension, but I would expect it to use the Adobe Analytics tracking server that is configured in the Analytics Extension; particularly since there doesn't seem to be any analytics tracking server configuration in the extension itself.

So that way, when you are in dev or staging or prod, the appropriate tracking server for the deployment environment would be used; and there is no chance of "misconfiguration" between the extensions (i.e. Your analytics extension being configured to Suite A vs your media extension being configured to Suite B).

And since this PDF (https://d1a2d0h96mvhgv.cloudfront.net/3/100157/67704baf-6eed-41e7-88d1-712dff97e67d.pdf - this is the installation instructions linked from the media extension) indicates that the Analytics Extension is required to use this extension, it validates my suspicion that the analytics suite is used based on the Analytics configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you using the "Adobe Media Analytics for Audio and Video" extension in Adobe Launch?

I don't actually use this extension, but I would expect it to use the Adobe Analytics tracking server that is configured in the Analytics Extension; particularly since there doesn't seem to be any analytics tracking server configuration in the extension itself.

So that way, when you are in dev or staging or prod, the appropriate tracking server for the deployment environment would be used; and there is no chance of "misconfiguration" between the extensions (i.e. Your analytics extension being configured to Suite A vs your media extension being configured to Suite B).

And since this PDF (https://d1a2d0h96mvhgv.cloudfront.net/3/100157/67704baf-6eed-41e7-88d1-712dff97e67d.pdf - this is the installation instructions linked from the media extension) indicates that the Analytics Extension is required to use this extension, it validates my suspicion that the analytics suite is used based on the Analytics configuration.

Level 2

I've actually worked this one out, it was one of those extremely simple things which are easy to miss... In the report suite I wanted to activate it in, I just had to go to the media reporting settings and although the option was pre-chosen, as though it was applied already (but not working), I had to 'save' and go through to the media processing rules and set for the 'new' report suite! Easy peasy...

MattBlake_0-1672999762409.png