Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Permissions not appearing - New Accounts

Level 2

I am an admin for the accounts at my organization and recently, when creating new accounts the users do not get the permissions to access our organisation reports.

The reports are all contained within a sub menu at the top titled "Organization X" but this menu option does appear for new users.

Comparing the user access groups of members with this menu option and the new accounts which don't have it doesn't show any difference. Is there something I'm missing here? Any suggestions into what I can look at to get this resolved?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Go to Admin Console> User Management> Groups. Select the group you want to set permissions for, and click on 'Edit'. Under the panel you would see a tab for 'Report Access'. You can set the permissions for the users in that group from there. 

Let me know if that works.

TM

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Stephen,

Provided the users have the same permissions I would advise you to check the menu visibility settings for the users. Most probably the visibility is turned off for them. Check out this document for assistance - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/customize_menus.html

Thanks!

TM

Level 2

Thank you. I've gone through the help content but it's not fully clear how to access the visibility settings for a particular group of users. Do you have some steps I could follow to do this?

Thanks,

Level 2

Hi again,

Is there any further guidance you could provide? The menu settings show they are set to visible. It is not clear on how to manage the visibility for individual groups or users or if this is even possible.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this as it affects a number of accounts for new hires.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Go to Admin Console> User Management> Groups. Select the group you want to set permissions for, and click on 'Edit'. Under the panel you would see a tab for 'Report Access'. You can set the permissions for the users in that group from there. 

Let me know if that works.

TM

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. When I access the group edit option via the path you provided, I see an All Reports Access group. When I click the edit option, I am only presented with the option to add or remove users, there doesn't appear to be an option to control what each group can see.

Additionally, all members that are having the issue with not being able to access the menu option are included in this group list so I'm unsure what the issue could be.

Is there a different path I can take to edit the reports each group can see?

Level 2

Pulmonary Archery wrote...

Thanks for your reply. When I access the group edit option via the path you provided, I see an All Reports Access group. When I click the edit option, I am only presented with the option to add or remove users, there doesn't appear to be an option to control what each group can see.

Additionally, all members that are having the issue with not being able to access the menu option are included in this group list so I'm unsure what the issue could be.

Is there a different path I can take to edit the reports each group can see?

Is there any information that can be offered on the above? This issue is unfortunately still persisting.

Level 10

Hi, 

Could you confirm me if there are any other user groups apart from 'all reports access' group? It may happen that other groups permissions are conflicting with it.

Thanks!