Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Report Builder - You first need to exit the Request Wizard before activating the Request Manager.

Level 1

Does anyone have any suggestions how to stop this error message  in report builder?  I don't have a request wizard open as far as I can tell, or if I do I can't see it.

You first need to exit the Request Wizardbefore activating the Request Manager.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you getting this message consistently? Or just this time?

I wonder if the window is open, but off your screen (or hidden under other windows)...  the Report Builder windows don't register as "windows" in your task bar... So if you lose track of the extension windows it can be hard to find them again... sometimes I've just had to save my work, close Excel, then reopen it... That should fix the issue (albeit in a heavy handed way)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you getting this message consistently? Or just this time?

I wonder if the window is open, but off your screen (or hidden under other windows)...  the Report Builder windows don't register as "windows" in your task bar... So if you lose track of the extension windows it can be hard to find them again... sometimes I've just had to save my work, close Excel, then reopen it... That should fix the issue (albeit in a heavy handed way)

Level 1

Thank you. I get this issue occasionally. I have managed to fix it this time but only restarting the machine helped so I think it is to do with windows open but not visible to me for some reason.

Community Advisor

Yes... it's a very annoying issue... one that might be solved by having the plugin window show in Windows task bar.... IF the window was off the screen for some reason, you should be able to move it, or close it from that task view... but with it not registering as such, once it's not visible you are stuck!