Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder will not install

Level 2

Hi all,

we can no longer install report builder. Neither V5 or V4.7 of the 32-bit version install.

It appears to be failing to register Adobe.ReportBuilder.dll.

See extract of install log below -

Extract: Adobe.ReportBuilder.dll... 100%
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe" /codebase /nologo /tlb /s "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Report Builder\Adobe.ReportBuilder.dll"
RegAsm : error RA0000 : Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Failed to register Adobe.ReportBuilder.dll
Extract: Adobe.ReportBuilder.Bridge.dll... 100%
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe" /codebase /nologo /tlb /s "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Report Builder\Adobe.ReportBuilder.Bridge.dll"
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Report Builder
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Report Builder\uninstall.exe
Completed

Any ideas on what would be causing this? I thought it could be related to lack of permissions to install, but it appears Adobe.ReportBuilder.Bridge.dll registers correctly. Could it be Microsoft Office 2010 Primary Interop Assemblies need to be reinstalled?

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Adam,

Can you please try to download the two dlls missing and install them. Let me know if it works. If it doesn't work please create an incident with ClientCare and let me know the incident number.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Adam,

Did you check if your Excel is 32 bits or 64 bits ?

What is the version of your Excel ? What version of Report Builder do you try to install (exact version please).

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Employee Advisor

I've found sometimes running the uninstaller and rebooting helps if you keep running into issues there. Are you an admin on the machine you're working on there?

Level 2

Hi,

I am running 32-bit version Windows XP SP3, Excel 2010, Report Builder V5.0.40. I have also uninstalling V5 and installing Report Builder V4.7.44. Same error.

Yes, I have admin access to the machine.

Thanks,

Adam

Community Advisor

Hi Adam,

Are you trying to install ReportBuilder via the installer or the command prompt ? 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 2

Hi Alexis,

via the installer. Is it worth trying via cmd?

Cheers,

Adam

Community Advisor

Hi Adam,

Do you run the installer from a local drive or a network drive ? Can you try on a local drive 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 2

Hi Alexis,

yes I am installing from a local.

Cheers,

Adam

Community Advisor

HI Adam,

Can you http://dependencywalker.com/ to check which dependencies do not exist.

Do you also have Visual C++ redistributable package installed on your machine 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 2

Hi,

yes I have VC++ installed. 

See screenshot of Dependency Walker. I don't think the issues would stop Report Builder load?

Cheers,

Adam

Level 5

Hi

If everything doenst work than you need to create new profile on window.

This will fix up the issue .

Regards

Devinder

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Adam,

Can you please try to download the two dlls missing and install them. Let me know if it works. If it doesn't work please create an incident with ClientCare and let me know the incident number.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 5

Hi

If everything doenst work than you need to create new profile on window.

This will fix up the issue .

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

I think I'm having the same issue.  Was there ever a resolution to this?  I haven't tried manually installing the .dll files yet... wanted to exhaust other options before I did this.

Thanks,
kerri