Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder - Running total

Level 4

Hi,

I have scheduled report builder report which periodically (weekly) sends me data on selected activity. Alongside this, my client has now asked for a running total, so alongside the periodic (weekly) reporting they can also see the total performance since activity started.

I'm wondering how best to do this in report builder. I basically want to anchor my start date, but have a rolling end date.

So, assuming the activity started on 01/01/2016 I want to set up a report which will show data from 01/01/2016 to date, without having to manually update the dates each week.

I've had a play with the customise date expression, but I can't seem to get it to work. In my head it would look something like this;

Start Date: 01/01/2016

End Date: cd-1

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Toby

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Toby,

there might be a nicer solution, but we just solved this by using "dates from cell" and just make to cells, one with your startdate and one with e.g. yesterday.

Best,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Toby,

there might be a nicer solution, but we just solved this by using "dates from cell" and just make to cells, one with your startdate and one with e.g. yesterday.

Best,

Sebastian

Level 4

Thanks Sebastian,

I'll need to investigate how this will work with scheduled reports, but this could be a good solution. 

Thanks

Toby