Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report builder - refreshing report

Level 1

Every time i try to update the reports through my user and computer are the only parties to request processing and retrieving data.

[img]reportbuilder.jpg[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

One thing you can try if your excel gets locked up is to schedule the sheet to run immediately which sends it up to Adobe to run and then it emails back to you.

Some report builder requests do take a long time to run depending on how much data you are requesting and how your request(s) are formatted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

One thing you can try if your excel gets locked up is to schedule the sheet to run immediately which sends it up to Adobe to run and then it emails back to you.

Some report builder requests do take a long time to run depending on how much data you are requesting and how your request(s) are formatted.

Employee Advisor

Hi Kjetil, can you clarify? I'm not sure I understand the question here.

Level 1

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same issue myself. 

I've build up a report within excel that includes several tabs. When i click the refresh button in excel (report builder, add-ins menu in excel), i get the same result as Kjetil. It does not mather how long i let the report run, it will just stand like this.

The report builder goes from tab to tab and tries to update the fields, but instead of updateing them with figures, it just goes blank and when alle the tabs are "updated", it just loads as the picture above states.

If I try to click cancel, it says canceling, but just stands and "loads" (the green circle at the far most left from the picture above). I have to force close excel. 

I've tried this with Excel 2007, Excel 2013. The Excel 2007 is installed on a Windows 7 64-bit platform, while the Excel 2013 is installed with the Windows 8.1 64-bit platform and experience the same issue.  I've also tried this at my companys network and at my private network, so it cant be something with the network either. 

I can however schedule a report to my email, and some minutes later, i get the attachment in my email and then have to copy/paste the figures from the schedueled report over to my worksheet, but I want to solve this by clicking refresh. 

I've encountered this problem with version 4.7 and the latest 5.050. 

Enclosed are the picture of when i click cancel. 

Level 6

I don't understand that you have to move data from one worksheet to another after it comes back via email,.

Is your workbook too big to send to adobe. I did have some issues on one workbook I had. Adobe does have a 5MB limit on the size you can schedule.

but a 5MB or bigger workbook is had to manage anyway

Have you thought about creating a display workbook that is linked to the calculated workbook. If you always put the xlsx file with the new data that you get back from your scheduled report in the same place with the same name you can always update the links in the display workbook when you open it up. So you don't have to cut/paste etc it will happen automatically.

And you can drop the file into an ftp location in the scheduled request. Which means no email you have to pull an attachment out of and drop someplace. You just schedule the workbook to run daily (hourly?) and have it go into the ftp location. 

When you open the display workbook you can update the linked cells from what is the most current calculated worksheet and go from their.

There are better ways to do this but you'd need to know how to setup macros etc or use something like Tableau to display your data since excel while good isn't the best thing out there for visualization. And even tableau isn't the best. There are a number of 3rd parties that have interfaces to pull data and visualize it for Adobe Analytics. If you are going to summit I'm sure you will see a number of methods to do this from them. I don't use any of them but have seen a number of demos in the past. .