Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report Builder protected cell or sheet error

Level 2

Hi, did anyone experience the below Report Builder error?
It's been happening since yesterday (3rd June 2024) on all Excel files and it's affecting all team members who are using Report Builder.
Many thanks

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 11.43.40.png

25 Replies

Community Advisor

I definitely installed after you posted that it was fixed.... but I wasn't sure if it didn't work last time cause I had opened excel and report builder last month, started to process, realized I hadn't installed the new version...

So I stopped, installed it, but didn't reboot the computer... I figured I would see if it worked this month...

As far as I know the install of the new Report Builder should have worked, however, I am showing version 5.6.56.0.. it should be 5.6.57 right?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1722534012174.png

But the update option is greyed out... 

I usually just grab the file from the website and run, and my last downloaded file was on July 2... Trying again now...

Employee

Hey @Jennifer_Dungan, Yeah, actually, the update doesn't work from here, the same was in my case as well. Had to download it explicitly from Tools - Report Builder and install the latest one.

Community Advisor

Hahah to be honest, I only found that option for the first time now.... I was trying to figure out if I could see what version of the plugin was running, and found that and the "non-functional update" button at the same time, lol

Community Advisor

OK, @fhusain I re-installed the plugin, it's working now.... (maybe the update didn't take last month?)

Level 1

fhusain Jlvo Jennifer_Dungan

The update seems to have worked for me. No errors. Thanks to all of you.