Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Report Builder Instances

Level 1

Hi There

I'm trying to get a report of all the monthly file downloads (instances) into excel via report builder. I constructed the report using Month and file name as row labels and instances (sub total) as metric. Although the report works (sometimes also crashes), it takes forever downloading the numbers, as - i assume Report Builder gets the numbers associated to each file name and in the end sums the values up to return the subtotal. Thus i wanted to ask if there is a smarter way to get the total of instances, regardless of the file name...

I do have the same problem for all reports where instances are associated with Names, such as Referrers.

Your help would be very much appreciated

Best

Sandro

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Gigazelle

Many thanks for your reply. I have no defined a semgmet where

• Rules for: Visit

• File Download is not null

How can now pull the instances without pulling the file names in the background? When i use Instances in the File Downloads report it still takes a long time.

Best

Sandro

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

I would recommend using a segment where file download is not blank, then just pulling instances by month. That should give you a lot faster results.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Gigazelle

Many thanks for your reply. I have no defined a semgmet where

• Rules for: Visit

• File Download is not null

How can now pull the instances without pulling the file names in the background? When i use Instances in the File Downloads report it still takes a long time.

Best

Sandro