Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Remove user data collected to comply with GDPR

Level 1

Hi,

I'm implementing deletion of user data to comply with regulation like GDPR and CCPA, etc. I saw there are data repair job API and privacy service job API that can delete data. What is the recommended solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Both the Data Repair API and Privacy UI offer solutions for deleting captured Analytics data, but they serve different purposes.

The Data Repair API is a paid service that requires provisioning. It provides a general data rectification method, allowing Orgs to delete unwanted data from their report suite. This can be useful for GDPR compliance or internal requirements [1].

On the other hand, Privacy UI is a built-in feature designed to manage GDPR and other privacy-related obligations. Its primary function is to help comply with data privacy regulations, which, if violated, can lead to significant fines and disrupt data operations for businesses. This aligns well with your current use case [3].

It's important to carefully consider your specific needs and objectives when deciding between the Data Repair API and Privacy UI.

References: [1] Data Repair API [2] Data Repair API FAQ [3] Privacy Service

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Both the Data Repair API and Privacy UI offer solutions for deleting captured Analytics data, but they serve different purposes.

The Data Repair API is a paid service that requires provisioning. It provides a general data rectification method, allowing Orgs to delete unwanted data from their report suite. This can be useful for GDPR compliance or internal requirements [1].

On the other hand, Privacy UI is a built-in feature designed to manage GDPR and other privacy-related obligations. Its primary function is to help comply with data privacy regulations, which, if violated, can lead to significant fines and disrupt data operations for businesses. This aligns well with your current use case [3].

It's important to carefully consider your specific needs and objectives when deciding between the Data Repair API and Privacy UI.

References: [1] Data Repair API [2] Data Repair API FAQ [3] Privacy Service