Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regular expressions to filter datas

Level 2

Is there any way to use regex to filter datas ? the "advanced (special character)" doesn't support it.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear Vincent,

It works but there are some pre-reserved characters, which could have been the reason for not working at your end.

• If a user wishes to use a search containing a pipe character or vertical bar, replace this character with the string {pipe}. The "|" character is reserved and will break searches if used.
  • If a user wishes to use a search containing an asterisk or wildcard, using segmentation tools is recommended (Data Warehouse, Discover, SiteCatalyst 15 segmentation, etc). Segmentation tools use different wildcard logic; the asterisk in searches however is a reserved character, thus there is not an effective way to convert to a string.
  • The + (plus sign) character is interpreted as a space.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear Vincent,

It works but there are some pre-reserved characters, which could have been the reason for not working at your end.

• If a user wishes to use a search containing a pipe character or vertical bar, replace this character with the string {pipe}. The "|" character is reserved and will break searches if used.
  • If a user wishes to use a search containing an asterisk or wildcard, using segmentation tools is recommended (Data Warehouse, Discover, SiteCatalyst 15 segmentation, etc). Segmentation tools use different wildcard logic; the asterisk in searches however is a reserved character, thus there is not an effective way to convert to a string.
  • The + (plus sign) character is interpreted as a space.

Level 4

Dear Vincent,

Please check with the little tips and tricks for using the search functionality.

"SiteCatalyst Advanced Search Filters [SiteCatalyst]" (http://adam.webanalyticsdemystified.com/2011/06/16/sitecatalyst-advanced-search-filters-omniture/).

Hope this helps.

Level 2

I've already read this. great article but it doesn't answer the question. So I guess the answer is no :)

Thank you for your answer