Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Regarding classifications

Level 1

I am working on classifications thing and new to adobe analytics, i want to send a text assigned to prop by ':' delimiter(for example s.prop1="A:B:C") in the siteCatalyst i want to see the stuff to be like... suppose let say s.prop1="Text:SomeText:AnotherText" i want the below format in site catalyst 

A

Text

B

Some Text

C    

Another Text

Instead of using 3 props i want to use one prop and let the site catalyst do the work for me by enabling the delimiter.., is it possible with classifications? i've tried creating the classifications for that prop, downloaded the template, uploaded with filled details and later day details i have filled shows correctly; But the issue is i want to send text from an application as in a single prop "Text:SomeText:AnotherText" and let it classify for me.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

You do not need to download the file. Atleast Version 15 of Sitecatalyst provides an automated way of classification using Regex. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

You do not need to download the file. Atleast Version 15 of Sitecatalyst provides an automated way of classification using Regex. 

Level 1

Parminder Kaur wrote...

I have tried creating rules(took 24 hrs to activate the rule) using regular expression with match criteria ^([^\:]+)\:([^\:]+)\:([^\:]+)$, A to $1, B to $2 and C to $3 for positions. when i send a text(for example s.propX="A:B:C", which will be the key) from application, In the siteCatalyst it captured as A:B:C for s.propX when i correlate with A/B/C it shows up as 'Unspecified'..., i do not know what i am doing wrong here..., here is my code in HTML script tag 

s.account = "resport_Suit_ID"

s=s_gi(s.account);

//The s_gi() function is used to create or find your instance of AppMeasurement by report suite ID

s.visitor=Visitor.getInstance("xxxx");

s.visitorNamespace="xxxx"

//The visitorNamespace variable is used to identify the domain with which cookies are set.

//If visitorNamespace changes, all visitors reported in Analytics may become new visitors. 

//Visitor history becomes disconnected from current and future traffic. Do not alter this variable without approval from an Adobe representative.

/************************** CONFIG SECTION **************************/

/* You may add or alter any code config here. */

s.charSet="UTF-8"

/* Conversion Config */

s.currencyCode="USD"

/* Link Tracking Config */

s.trackDownloadLinks=true

s.trackExternalLinks=true

s.trackInlineStats=true

s.linkDownloadFileTypes="exe,zip,wav,mp3,mov,mpg,avi,wmv,pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx"

s.linkInternalFilters="javascript:,ats.adobe.com"

s.linkLeaveQueryString=false

s.linkTrackVars=""

s.linkTrackEvents=""          

s.trackingServer="xxx.112.2o7.net"

s.trackingServerSecure="xxx.112.2o7.net"

s.usePlugins=true

s.doPlugins = function(s) {

s.campaign = s.Util.getQueryParam("");

};

s.pageName="Testing Classifications";

s.prop4="Text:SomeText:AnotherText"; // Classifications enabled for this prop in admin

var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code);

in VisitorAPI.js

var visitor = new Visitor("ADBADCSDCASD@AdobeOrg"); 

// visitor.trackingServer = "INSERT-TRACKING-SERVER-HERE"; // same as s.trackingServer

visitor.trackingServer = "XXX.112.2o7.net";

visitor.trackingServerSecure = "XXX.112.2o7.net"//same as s.trackingServerSecure

I do have AppMeasurement.js(1.5.1 version)