Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Referrer Type does not exist

Level 2

Hi!

I'm reviewing segments for my team and was wondering what it meant when Referrer Type does not exist.

1544559_pastedImage_0.png

I assumed that every visit would have a referrer type assigned.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

- Jerry

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

don't think they are all "session refresh" if you think as "reload the browser". could as well be people coming from within the "internal domain" but haven't been tracked (yet) or the tracking was sent to a different report suite.

Since the "marketing channels" (and thus the corresponding "session refresh") persist over a longer timeframe and might be affected by other channels, I would not compare those numbers. or at least not with all metrics ...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

That's interesting. I have built this segment and see it really includes some data.

Does anyone knows what the "referrer type does not exist" segment returns?

Community Advisor

Not all visits have a referrer type, see here: Referrer Type

Your segments will show at least all visits from internal URLs, where the URL matched the "internal domains" filter. could be Email as well ...

hope that helps

Level 10

urs.boller​, would it be accurate to say that the segment described above returns what is called "session refresh" in the Marketing Channels report?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

don't think they are all "session refresh" if you think as "reload the browser". could as well be people coming from within the "internal domain" but haven't been tracked (yet) or the tracking was sent to a different report suite.

Since the "marketing channels" (and thus the corresponding "session refresh") persist over a longer timeframe and might be affected by other channels, I would not compare those numbers. or at least not with all metrics ...