Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Recommended Event type for Purchase Rule

Level 4

Hi Team,

Can anyone tell me which is the recommended event type for purchase rule, I am using page bottom because data layer is populating late, so Is this is the right approach?

Or it can cause in matching the orders the data with the backend data.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Double-check that your order_id data element is really being set by using the Adobe debugger extension with your web browser. Also, check that your order_id data element uses the "None" storage (I find that that storage type works best if using the data element with the Data Element Changed event type).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

@bindukumari1990 If I am right than you are talking about the Event type configuration in the Core extension in a rule in Launch. If yes, than it depends on your implementation for retrieving the values from data layer. You can also use Click or Submit event type by mentioning the appropriate CSS selector as the purchase is made on the click of a button.

You can also check the below doc :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/launch/using/extensions-ref/adobe-extension/core-extension/o...

Community Advisor

You should use the event type that works best for your implementation. Most of the time, Page Bottom or DOM Ready would work, but we don't know the details of your implementation, so even those event types may not be the right ones for you.

Worse comes to worst, you could use Data Element Changed event type to detect when a particular data element has changed that is essential for purchase tracking, and use that to run your Rule.

Level 4
@yuhuisg, I have used data element change event type and I am using order_Id data element. So, in checkout page order is null, and once user redirects to order confirmation then order_id is updated. but still the rule is not firing. As we all know before order confirmation there is payment gateway page.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Double-check that your order_id data element is really being set by using the Adobe debugger extension with your web browser. Also, check that your order_id data element uses the "None" storage (I find that that storage type works best if using the data element with the Data Element Changed event type).