Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

"None" bucket under "Direct" and "Paid Search" Marketing Channels

Level 1

I have large volumes of "None" bucket under the Direct and Paid Search Marketing channels within the Last Touch Channel Detail report. While researching this using the raw data feed, I see that the field va_closer_detail carries a value of "::hash::0" in many records which seems to be the ones reported as "None". My "Direct" channel processing rule assigns "pageName" value into the Channel Detail variable. I am assuming va_closer_detail field gets the value from this process rule settings. Does anyone know how it gets the "::hash::0" value ?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

From what I've heard, "::hash::0" is caused by special characters that AA can't handle.

Check your tracking codes used with Paid Search for any possible punctuations and/or special characters, i.e. anything that is not alphabets, numbers, hyphens, underscores, pipes, periods/full stops.

Level 1

Ok thanks. Will look into it. Do you know if this unresolved value is what is getting reported as "None" in the LTCD dimension?