Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Prop visitor registration visit segment for subsequent visits

Level 2

I work on a site where visitors can create an account and identify their business type. We capture the business type in a prop. When the user comes back to the site and log-in, their business type is not part of the information attached to their log-in. I created a visit segment to filter the data by user business type. I am worried since we only capture the business type during registration and not on subsequent visits that I am not getting accurate business when visitors come back to the site. My questions, should I the dev team apply the business type data as a call when the visitor logs-in? Or, is there something I can do from the Adobe side to make sure my segment allows me to feel comfortable when breaking the data down by my segments?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Wsmith,

1. Copy Business Type from Prop to an eVar using Processing Rules and set the expiration of the eVar to 'Never'. Make sure that you capture the Customer ID (After Authentication) to tie the visitor profile (Visitor IDs) so that even if Customers delete the cookies/cache, the server persistence will continue. I would recommend.

2. Or Create Visitor Container segment with Prop. Again, the delete the cookies/cache by the users will have the impact until you Customer ID (After Authentication) to tie the visitor profile (Visitor IDs).

3. Or Ask your dev team to pass the Business Type as Data Layer, on every page.

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Wsmith,

1. Copy Business Type from Prop to an eVar using Processing Rules and set the expiration of the eVar to 'Never'. Make sure that you capture the Customer ID (After Authentication) to tie the visitor profile (Visitor IDs) so that even if Customers delete the cookies/cache, the server persistence will continue. I would recommend.

2. Or Create Visitor Container segment with Prop. Again, the delete the cookies/cache by the users will have the impact until you Customer ID (After Authentication) to tie the visitor profile (Visitor IDs).

3. Or Ask your dev team to pass the Business Type as Data Layer, on every page.

Thank You, Arun.