Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Product Classification of 'unspecified'

Level 2

I have a product classification rule which is set up as a negative look ahead regex; '^(?!RT-|OW-|MC-|NA|[0-9]+).*' So if the product name does not meet that criteria it is then added to that classification report. I believe its because I am doing this I get an extraordinary number of 'unpecified' values in that particular product classification report (80%-90% of our products would meet that Regex criteria and thus is excluded). I cannot build a rule based on the 'included' product names as they are very dynamic and would be a maintenance headache so I thought this is the best work around.

So I was wondering if importing a classification data file with a rule to set all those unspecified to a generic label might work? I don't think I can use the ~none~ key or is that incorrect? Or is there a ~unspecified~ key I could use in the import file?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can use as much rules as you want, so i would add the following rules

1) "match all" => "others"

2) "RT-.*" => "RT product line"

9) "[your regex]" => "other product lines"

it is the last match that counts, maybe you don't need the no 9) since no 1) is fetching "the rest"

see here: Add a classification rule to a rule set

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can use as much rules as you want, so i would add the following rules

1) "match all" => "others"

2) "RT-.*" => "RT product line"

9) "[your regex]" => "other product lines"

it is the last match that counts, maybe you don't need the no 9) since no 1) is fetching "the rest"

see here: Add a classification rule to a rule set

Level 2

Ah got it, totally forgot about the rules processing priority and how the last matching rule takes precedence. I modified my product rules such that now for each set classification the first rule for each set classification is the “wild card” mapping to “Others”. Then each subsequent rule for within each set classification classifies what it should be in the product name accordingly for that specific set classification.

I have published the new rules and will let you know in a couple of days if that resolved the problem but it makes sense it should result in zero unspecified. Hopefully my “others” in each will be very minimal.

Thnx

Jeff