Expand my Community achievements bar.

Processing Rules for sending Events.

Employee

I define a schema (XDM data), I define the fields A and B that my business needs, and I define this XDM data element under the data element in the corresponding tag
What I expect is that when I open the page, the value of field A is reported, and then the value of B is reported after clicking a button.
So I configured two rules (actions are send Event), one is the rule to open the page, and the other is the rule of the click event.
In this case, when I open the page or click the button, field AB will be reported (send Event), which is not in line with my business expectations.
I would like to confirm that if I want to implement my business logic, i.e. report different fields in different situations
1. In the rules or where can I set which values are reported and which are not reported
2. I still need to create two data elements in the tag to perform different sent event events for different business scenarios

1 Reply

Community Advisor

First question is if the open page rule and click rule triggered only on the corresponding event, such that

• only the open rule fired when the page open and not the click rule
  • only the click rule fired when that click event and not the open rule

If that is yes, than the issue is the XDM being used in the WebSDK send action, where there should only be field A and not B in the open page rule, similarly for the click rule where should have field B and not A. You can check that in the console debugger with _satellite.setDebug(true), AEP Debugger, or Assurance.