Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Processing Rules for sending Events

Employee

我现在定义了一个schema (XDM data),我在里面定义了我这边业务需要的字段A和B,并且在对应的tag里面的data element下 定义了这个XDM的data element
我期望的是当我打开页面的时候,上报字段A的值,然后点击某个按钮以后上报B的值。
于是我配置了两个rule (action都是send Event),一个是打开页面的rule,一个是点击事件的rule,
这种情况下,当我打开页面或者点击按钮,字段AB都会上报(send Event),这就不符合我的业务期望了。
我想确认一下,如果要实现我的业务逻辑,即在不同情况下上报不同字段
1. 在规则中或者在什么地方是否可以让我设置上报的时候哪些值上报,哪些不上报
2. 还是我需要在tag里面建两个data element来对应不同的业务场景来进行不同的sent event事件

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Note: I used Google Translate to try and see your issue, I hope I understand the issue

If you are using Adobe Launch, you should be able to configure your page view event differently from your click event.

If you mean you are sending an extra "action" on the page view to capture a specific value, there is no need to do that.. you can set a value on your overall page view event that only contains value of "field A" when certain criteria are met... and on the click, you can target the specific button for the click and populate "field B" when that click happens.

I hope this helps.. I am not sure if it's specific enough for your needs, but the language barrier is challenging.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Note: I used Google Translate to try and see your issue, I hope I understand the issue

If you are using Adobe Launch, you should be able to configure your page view event differently from your click event.

If you mean you are sending an extra "action" on the page view to capture a specific value, there is no need to do that.. you can set a value on your overall page view event that only contains value of "field A" when certain criteria are met... and on the click, you can target the specific button for the click and populate "field B" when that click happens.

I hope this helps.. I am not sure if it's specific enough for your needs, but the language barrier is challenging.