Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Problem with passing events & merchandising evar in s.products

Level 3

Hi everyone, 

Could you please help me with debugging the following issue. We are passing numeric events (event85) and merchandising variables (evar63) as s.products' attributes. Event85 is specific to different values of evar63 - it may be omitted or it may be set to event85=2. So, i can't pass it into s.events="prodView, event85=1" and apply it to all products in s.products string. 

Here is the page code:

s.events = “prodView”
s.products = “Modules; Mod001;;;event39=1,
                     Modules; Mod001;;;event85=1;evar63=’id_1’,
                     Modules; Mod001;;;event85=1;evar63=’id_2’

Modules; Mod002;;;event39=1,
                     Modules; Mod002;;;event85=1;evar63=’id_3’,
                     Modules; Mod002;;;event85=1;evar63=’id_4’"

When i'm checking the data in DigitalPulse, all events85 are passed correctly (see the attachment). But they are not getting to the SC reports. All stats for event85 are zeros.

Could you think of any reason why it happens?

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Irina,

Have you tried to resolve by including the additional events in the s.events line per below?

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/events.html

Numeric/Currency Events

Numeric and currency events must be included in the s.events variable, though they typically receive their numerical value (e.g., 24.99) in the s.products variable. This allows you to tie specific numeric and currency values to individual product entries.

With Products
  1. s.events="event1"
  2. s.products="Footwear;Running Shoes;1;99.99;event1=4.50"

1. s.events="event1,event4"
  2. s.products="Footwear;Running Shoes;1;99.99;event1=4.50|event4=1.99"

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Irina,

Have you tried to resolve by including the additional events in the s.events line per below?

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/events.html

Numeric/Currency Events

Numeric and currency events must be included in the s.events variable, though they typically receive their numerical value (e.g., 24.99) in the s.products variable. This allows you to tie specific numeric and currency values to individual product entries.

With Products
  1. s.events="event1"
  2. s.products="Footwear;Running Shoes;1;99.99;event1=4.50"

1. s.events="event1,event4"
  2. s.products="Footwear;Running Shoes;1;99.99;event1=4.50|event4=1.99"

Best,

Brian

Level 3

Brian, 

Thank you! That made the trick!

irina